Effective method for catching shrimp

Kronosdelsol

Amazing ...... boy that guy has a GREAT Aquarium ....Thanks for the post .....Linda.....

I saw this on youtube today and thought that I should share it.

I did a cleaning on my Filstar canister today and had to net out all the babies. Wish I saw this first.

I've used this method, works good but you have to take the critters out fairly quickly.

They run out of oxygen, I found, in less than an hour.

Rick

I've used this method, works good but you have to take the critters out fairly quickly.

Rick

Agreed. I've used this method too and it works great but I've also found a few dead fish in the bottle. I was checking it 2-3 times a day but I guess that wasn't enough when there are fish trapped in a small container. Not sure if its lack of oxygen or from waste build up, since there is no water flow.

To help with lack of water movement you could try cutting holes out of the bottle and putting netting over them.

Rick

Agreed. I've used this method too and it works great but I've also found a few dead fish in the bottle. I was checking it 2-3 times a day but I guess that wasn't enough when there are fish trapped in a small container. Not sure if its lack of oxygen or from waste build up, since there is no water flow.

To help with lack of water movement you could try cutting holes out of the bottle and putting netting over them.

Or just use a very small hole punch, pin or what ever, and use a lot of them.