Reptile tanks

fish_man

Any one see the home make over with the reptile kid? well thats what im doing to my room. im havin trouble deciding on how to build it all. my mom wants to buy this book shelf stand and then i buy all the cages but that will cost way 2 much. what sugestions do u guys have??

I guess it depends on what you want to spend IMO. Did you notice those ones @ the Reptile Show that were made out of melamine? They wouldn't cost too much to DIY and no real water issues either. It should be about $24/sheet (use 5/8" min) but you would still have the door/glass to do. As well, for appearance sake, you would have to finish the cut edges on it as well.

I didn't see the show you were reffering to, so fill me in if I am missing something here.

Rob B)

Melamine would work well as long as it never got too humid as humidity bleeds through and will likely warp the particle board behind it. I had a plywood tank made out of the stuff once, no I didn't make it but water continuously leaked through to the plywood via pores. As for a desert animal? I think this would be awesome and very easy to clean as well.

u been 2 river fronts latly? have u seen the tanks with the top 3/4 or the front pane slide? thats wat i need. just not that big. only need about 1 15 gall like that then 1 15 with all it sliding then 1 bigger with it 3/4 sliding