Unusual Email "from AlbertaAquatica"

I have recieved emails with the same from line as the normal pm notifications (AlbertaAquatica as the source in each case.)

The one I recieved from "NameRemoved" was not in the normal link to this site's message system but seems to be a direct email but shows the source as AlbertaAquatica just like the normal notifications.

The from address is copied below:

AlbertaAquatica [NAMEREMOVED@XXXXX.com]

Is this usual or is he/she doing something strange with the email location / title (ie. using Alberta Aquatica's name)? May not be anything wrong but it seemed odd to me.

(Edit: I now recall that I bought some fish from this person once - nice person so likely not a problem but wondered if such emails are common with the AlbertaAquatica source name?)

Edited by Northranger

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay. Val's got it nailed down though... if you send an email to another member through the forum it will send it 'from Alberta Aquatica" and with YOUR email address. That way if they reply to your email it goes to you instead of back to the board.