Where can I find little flower pots ?

LadyBlue

Hi .... I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get some of those little flower pots the aquarium stores sell some of there plants in ? I need something that is fish safe please ? what is best substrate 2 use in the little flower pots as subtrate that won't harm fish as well ? I am new to plants and would apreciate any help available. I want to get these plants off to as good a start as possable.... and they will need it ....My plants are very scared here .... as soon as they saw who brought them home from the auction ....they started to cry :cry: poor little plants lol ....Linda...

i buy mine from a hydroponic store. i am sure that all of those store sell them. they are $0.25 each they also sell rock fiber or rock wool or fiber grow, all the same stuff just different brands. which is about $0.25 each as well. it is a natural product so you only have to rinse it off, rip it in half so the fibers run vertically and put the roots in, and put it in your tank.

they place that i go to in calgary will sell you 1 of each if you only wanted to buy 1 of each.

or you could go to a craft store like Michaels and buy those little clay pots and just put some gravel in with the plant. they have some very small pots.

using the pots and the fiber rock in an aquarium doesn't really benefit the plant at all unless there is fish that dig up the roots. the reason they, and I use the plastic pots is that they either dont have a substrate and or are growing the plants emersed and are using a lot of ferts. the fiber rock gives the plants an ideal rooting medium.

I saw them at the dollar store a couple of weeks ago ....before I needed them .... I will go check them out 4 you later today ... when I chase down the Fiber Grow

another question to throw in on pots. where are the cheapest terra cotta pots?