Hello from Beaumont

KimW

Hello from Beaumont. I am a 30 yr old married mom of soon to be 3. Unfortunately hubby does not share my joy of fishkeeping. I however have loved fish keeping since I was small and always remember the 100 Gallon community tank my father had in the house.

I currently have a 35 Gallon community tank containing a mixture of fishies. I plan to revamp this tank completely soon. A little unsure of which direction I wish to go with it though.

I also have a 5 Gallon fry tank that has an even smaller 1 gallon? fry tank for the little bitty babies that just hangs on the interior of the 5 gallon. The main 5 Gallon is full of 15 baby Fancy Guppies, that are basically ready to go ( got some really pretty ones this time around too) and the 1 Gallon has about 35 brand new guppy fry.

Then there is my pride and joy tank, a 60 Gallon Tank smile.gif right now it contains 4 different Cichlids 3 of which are African 1 of which is American (whom I'm trying to sell/give away) he is a terror in the tank. I purchased this tank about 2 weeks ago from a neighbour just up the road from me and i'll be honest it has been a labour of love to get the tank conditions back to where they should be. It came with 3 cichlids, one being the American and due to the poorness of maintenance on the tank I lost the Yellow Lab that also came with it. I think poor water conditions and the shock of the move finally did him in. Poor lil guy. Anyhow, the tank, after many many hours of cleaning and some proper water changes over this 2 week period is up to tip top shape again and the fish in it are quite happy. A fellow fish lover actually brought my attention to this site and he actually gave me two of his fish to help get me started in the world of cichlids.

Look forward to learning more from all of you smile.gif

hello and welcome. congrats on the restoration of your cichlid tank! way to go! also....if you are sending off any of your fancy guppies to a new place, pm me. i am always interested in really cool looking males for my one tank.

robin

:welcome: Hi There ..... Welcome Aboard .... what colors are your guppies ? Which are your ffavorites ? .... I look forward to getting to know youbetter ...... Linda ....

Hello from Beaumont. I am a 30 yr old married mom of soon to be 3. Unfortunately hubby does not share my joy of fishkeeping. I however have loved fish keeping since I was small and always remember the 100 Gallon community tank my father had in the house.

I currently have a 35 Gallon community tank containing a mixture of fishies. I plan to revamp this tank completely soon. A little unsure of which direction I wish to go with it though.

I also have a 5 Gallon fry tank that has an even smaller 1 gallon? fry tank for the little bitty babies that just hangs on the interior of the 5 gallon. The main 5 Gallon is full of 15 baby Fancy Guppies, that are basically ready to go ( got some really pretty ones this time around too) and the 1 Gallon has about 35 brand new guppy fry.

Then there is my pride and joy tank, a 60 Gallon Tank smile.gif right now it contains 4 different Cichlids 3 of which are African 1 of which is American (whom I'm trying to sell/give away) he is a terror in the tank. I purchased this tank about 2 weeks ago from a neighbour just up the road from me and i'll be honest it has been a labour of love to get the tank conditions back to where they should be. It came with 3 cichlids, one being the American and due to the poorness of maintenance on the tank I lost the Yellow Lab that also came with it. I think poor water conditions and the shock of the move finally did him in. Poor lil guy. Anyhow, the tank, after many many hours of cleaning and some proper water changes over this 2 week period is up to tip top shape again and the fish in it are quite happy. A fellow fish lover actually brought my attention to this site and he actually gave me two of his fish to help get me started in the world of cichlids.

Look forward to learning more from all of you smile.gif

As for my guppies, I had a bout of some sort of sickness run thru the tank about 3 months ago and it almost wiped out my entire guppy populus. It's funny because it only affected the guppies and they showed 0 signs of sickness. Just started dieing off. I was so sad, so I'm down to 2 adults now. sad.gif

The male I have who survived the turmoil is a Green Cobra. I love him, he's so pretty, and the female I mate him with I believe is just a mixed variety. She's silvery green with a bright blue tail.

The adolecent baby guppies have turned out quite nice,( I will note these ones came from a different mother than i currently have but her coloration was the same as the female i have that survived) I think I have about 4-5 females, maybe more. And I definitely know i have at least 4 males, the others won't stay put long enough for me to tell LOL. It looks like a few are gonna look exactly like their father. Out of the 3 males i am sure of, one has similar colorings to the female i have only stronger, darker and way more defined with a considerable amount of black as well, and a much larger, fuller tail. It's so hard to explain LOL. He's one of my favorites as far as coloration. I wish I could get them to stay still long enough to get a decent picture. Every time i try it turns out blurry. Gonna see if I can keep trying to get some pics so they can be seen because i definitely plan on selling them. I'm going to keep one male who's coloration i like and one female so I can fine tune the breeding process and eventually get exactly what i want while hopefully avoiding inbreeding ( personal opinion is that inbreeding makes for a weaker fish)

welcome to the forum. Cichlids are an amazing and beautiful fresh water fish that have pulled me in also. I gradually find nicer and nicer cichlids and cant stop buying them! Hope to see some pictures of your tanks posted up

Kyle

• 4 weeks later...