Levamisole source in Calgary?

fishface29

Hi all. Well, after finally ridding my 20 gallon tank of the dreaded camallanus worm, I see it has now shown up in my 55 gallon! I was very careful about maintaining both tanks with separate tools, etc, but I may have inadvertently transferred the worms to my larger tank. Either that or I was unlucky enough to get 2 separate batches of fish with this parasite. Anyways, I had bought some levamisole powder from a seller on the BC Aquaria site, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a seller in Calgary or Alberta. I have used the Jungle Parasite medicated food, but my fish don't readily eat it, so I'd prefer to just treat with the straight powder. I've also had a hard time finding livestock or pet dewormer with levamisole and don't want to go to the trouble or expense of going through a vet. Thanks!

Hi all. Well, after finally ridding my 20 gallon tank of the dreaded camallanus worm, I see it has now shown up in my 55 gallon! I was very careful about maintaining both tanks with separate tools, etc, but I may have inadvertently transferred the worms to my larger tank. Either that or I was unlucky enough to get 2 separate batches of fish with this parasite. Anyways, I had bought some levamisole powder from a seller on the BC Aquaria site, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a seller in Calgary or Alberta. I have used the Jungle Parasite medicated food, but my fish don't readily eat it, so I'd prefer to just treat with the straight powder. I've also had a hard time finding livestock or pet dewormer with levamisole and don't want to go to the trouble or expense of going through a vet. Thanks!

when i got those worms in my tanks i dosed all of the tanks even if there was no sign of the worms.

i ordered mine from the states. it came fast.

Charles Harrison in St Louis

it is under items for sale

Thanks guys. I had purchased the powder through April's Aquarium (Pets Beautiful) on the BC Aquaria site and it came pretty quickly and was effective after a few treatments. I was just hoping to find a local source. I know it's hard to come by now. It used to be available in a medication called Discomed, but that is no longer around. The medicated foods available are not very potent, and I guess it tastes odd as my fish don't really like it. I ordered a poultry dewormer on-line a while back too, but I am a bit leery about adding it to the tank as it's in a fairly thick suspension of who-knows-what and I don't want to kill my fish trying to get rid of the worms. I haven't seen any signs of the worms in my 20 gallon for a few months now so I think I finally got rid of them. I didn't lose any fish in the process either, but the parasites are tough and came back a few times, so I had to dose several times to get rid of them completely.