Help

Danno1986

They have white lips! I am setting up a hospital now. There is 5 fish and they all have it to some degree. It isn't really drastic, and it doesn't appear to be slowing them but it can't be good. Also none of the other fish seem to have it. I was wondering what med's you would suggest? Should I do a salt dip? I am going to be doing some more research tomorrow, and see what else I can dig up online. I was also wondering about Deworming them while i have them separated? I have read that these fish are prone internal parasite and such and it cause problems for them. I have tried to keep these fish in past several years ago and they would be fine for like 6-10 months, and then it was like they would get depression and slowly die... Any help, suggests, comments and Questions would be appreciated!

I will try to get some pics up, and an update tomorrow night.

So an update! I have all 5 in the hospital tank. I decided against doing the salt-water dip because several web sites said it was unneeded stress on the fish, and it was more a last resort action. I got melafix and pimafix. The guy at big als said I could put both in. Stinky stuff! It says on the bottle I should dose for 7 days? Is that really necessary? Anyways plan on checking the water tomorrow and doing a partial water change :)

So an update! I have all 5 in the hospital tank. I decided against doing the salt-water dip because several web sites said it was unneeded stress on the fish, and it was more a last resort action. I got melafix and pimafix. The guy at big als said I could put both in. Stinky stuff! It says on the bottle I should dose for 7 days? Is that really necessary? Anyways plan on checking the water tomorrow and doing a partial water change :)

Melafix and pima fix can do more damage to anabantids than good. It can damage the labyrinth organ. I would do at least 75% water change daily for about a week and see what happens. Fresh clean water and a balanced diet are the key to healthy/disease free fish.