Pond Filter

Bluecan

My parents have a small backyard pond ...maybe 500 gallons-ish? And I am curious about what the easiest and inexpensive options are to filter it, keep it clean. Its a simple design with a small waterfall , just a pump funning a hose to some rocks and trickling down, but of course it gets green and gross in a short period, and im really not looking to get into this as for one its not my home, but secondly my parents arent going to drop a tonne of cash and are older themselves so maintenance would have to be simple and easy. If there are any options for filtration please let me know your ideas.

Skippy's Koi & Pond Page (Beautiful Ponds & Gardens). Check out their Mini-Me filter for smaller ponds. Should be fairly cheap to build, my 75 gallon model cost me under $300--try buying a pre-made filter that size for that much.

• 2 weeks later...

search DIY pond filter on You Tube...It looks easy & cheap to build. I have just purchased all the parts, just have to put it all together should be simple.

maybe $50 in parts compared to $400-500 in the stores.