Changing of the guard

reef canada

After much thought, I have decided to change my 400 from a south american cichlid tank to a tanganyikian cichlid tank. The stock list so far( growing out in another tank, until sa cichlids are gone) is 1.1 Black cap Ventralis, 1.4 Callochromis macrops, 0.3 boops(need to find a male), 10 Tropheus duboisi, 10 Tropheus moorii(musanga) and 4 Ectodus descampsi(want 10 more). I would like to add some shelly's as well as a group of Benthochromis tricoti. The tank is 96"x 30"x 30", with sump of 72"x 24"x 16"(LxWxH). I have a sand filter good up to 600 gals, a FX5 run through the closed loop holes in the bottom of the tank. I would like input as to which fish you guys and gals would add to this stock list. Thanks Jay

Edited by reef canada

I have some lamp. similis and lamp speciosus fry for shell dwellers if interested. ALso some gold ocellatus are around.

What a bout a nice compressiceps or calvus to your tang tank(Or a few) A school of cyps would be nice. Some goby cichlids would also be nice. Hahah all fish I love.

I am not a fan of compressiceps. I was thinking of cyps. but I think the tricoti will pick on them. If I do cyps. instead, I will do a large school. Thank You for the offer of the shelly's, I will let you know. Jay

Edited by reef canada

• 2 weeks later...