Anyone know where to buy/find Driftwood

I've seen a few posts regarding driftwood, just finding your own and buying it from a store. I'm looking for a I suppose medium sized piece to put in my 55g tank 18'' 18'' 40''. I've looked in petstores and it's either ugly, flat or boring. If it isn't any of those 3 it's usually sitting around 100$ Anyone know a good place with a decent selection here in the city or has a piece just sitting around they would be able to sell. I'm trying to get everything for my tank before I actually set it up.

Thanks,

J

I've heard of alot of people just going to rivers, creeks, or any body of water and just searching around for them. Plus that way the price is free :thumbs:

Sometimes this works but often the wood comes with lice that kill your fish. I have tried it myself with no luck.

I'm interested in finding out a good place for a big peice of drftwood for a 200g+ tank if anyone has leads on something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

i know what your saying about 100$ drift wood every time i find a piece i like in the store it is just way to much for me to spend on a piece of wood. I have been tryin to find it but it is hard to do and to make sure it is a hard wood. that is one option the other is order on line i havn't order drift wood but i did order suplies from pets & ponds i like the free shipping on larger orders or big al's online has it as well.

http://www.petsandponds.com/en/aquarium-supplies/c200369/p17543869.html

http://www.bigalsonline.ca/BigAlsCA/ctl3664/cp17364/cl0/driftwood?viewType=Category

don't know if this helps or not