Tang tank ideas

corrosionjerry

If you have some rockwork in there, a pair of leleupi add some nice color. Calvus are always a nice addition. Throw in some Petricola for some lights-out action - mine always come cruising right after the lights turn off.

If you have a 6' tank or larger, I quite enjoyed Calochromis macrops - the male will build a nest that's about 1' diameter, but he never dug up the plants I had (1M to several F is a good ratio).

What i have found that works for me in my 108 gal 6 ft tank is a school of cyps [black fin] which stay close to top of tank,

a small group of 8 tropheus moori[firecrackers] and 3 frontosa which stay at mid tank and some leleupi 3 ,black calvis 2, compressive 2 which stay at bottom of tank. they seem to get along fine and my tank is always busy.

I am hoping to add some tri color cyps soon and some more leleupi also.

hope this helps

Stu, I had a 4' 110 gal that had J. transcriptus and N. leleupi breeding. What I would do for a 70, is set up 2 rock mountains, one at each end. Hopefully, the Julies will take one and the Leluipi will take the other.

I also had a pair of L. brevis in the tank - if there's enough open space (about 1'sq) they would do great, and add a lot of personality.