Calgary Water vs Eggs (help)

Paradisius

Wow, the water here sure is a tuff one to crack. I've got three tanks, and like clockwork, every 13 days... The angels have laid some eggs. I nuetralize the water, I pretty much have everything beyond pure water to put in the tanks.

By day three, the eggs are "calcified?" I know there are some guru breeders out there that may be able to assist and advise... and wow, I need some help, lol.

I've even seperated the eggs from the parents into a smaller, more confined, tank with heat and air... nada. And yes, used that funky blue chemical, but nothing helps. Being just two block from a LFS keeps me wondering.. is it me?

Any help on succesful breeding would greatly help me.

Thanks a bunch!

Pauly

Hey Paradisius

When I lived in NW Calgary I was breeding two pair of angels for about 4 years. I used water straight from the tap for the parents tank. I haven't heard of eggs being calcified (but there is aways a first). Is the male fertilizing the eggs? They will turn white if not fertilized. Or maybe a type of fungus?

Also when transfering the eggs into another container don't let the eggs come out of the water. Transfer into the smaller container right in the parents tank. I noticed a greater amount of none hatched eggs when they were aloud to hit air even if just for a second. You should also use the same water that is in the parents tank while hatching.

I don't know if this has helped but if you have any other questions just ask.

• 5 weeks later...