My Short Body Texas Breedin Result

Bluecan

The only remaining baby from my spawn last winter of my Short Body Texas Pair. I have since sold the male, have the female still, and the one surviving baby (the rest died in a ammonia spike as well as being picked off by my baby thai silk). Luckily he is the shortest of the bunch, I seperated him early on when I recognized this..., and is actually a "bonsai" (shorter than Short bodies), however almost all if not all the babies were turning out short body... For some reason he is also much more feisty and confident than either of his parents who took a long time to come around after a move and tend to be more nervous fish. Love this little guy.

is the short body texas the result of selective breeding or is this a natrually occuring speices?

Thanks for any info. I find this fish facinating.

Unsure, It may be a resuly of a texas to blood parrot breeding, or it may be naturally ouccurring with selective breeding. I know both of his parents produced to what I believe was all short body fry . But the short body can be found in many different species, of course they are normally culled.

lol

Thai silk is doing great! Moved him into his own 50 gallon. I bought a nice fixture and added one blue bulb to bring out his color. I am not feeding him hikari and keeping his NLS diet. The other flowerhorn I am not feeding NLS but Hiakri. I really like this guy, glad I bought him.