Lighting setup for 29 gallon

strayner

Read some reviews, bit the bullet and was a little impulsive, ordered the 150 w metal halide, 170 with shipping, we'll see how it works.

Wow that was very quick. Keep us posted with lots of pictures on how you set it up. Are you going to get some bended conduit and go for the sexy ADA look?

Has anyone ordered ferts from here: http://www.aquariumfertilizer.com/ ?

I am assuming it is safe for the fish.

Yes I have ordered from them many times. I never had any problems with customs. I couldn't find any CSM+B from any local shops. If you could get it locally and the price is still good, then do that instead. 1lbs lasts a long time, especially on a 29 gallon. When you start dosing your dry ferts, start with a smaller dosage and then build it up. Go based on observation from how your plants are doing. Yes they are fish safe as long as you mix it with water first (make a stock solution). If you dry dose directly into the tank, your fish will eat it.

Thanks for posting that fishneedit.com website. Their lights are pretty cheap! DO you have any of their fixtures? Are they good?

No, I purchased the over priced TEK fixture from JLaquatics. I don't ever find the TEK fixture getting hot. The fishneedit one looks like a direct copy of the TEK unit. A lot of people on other plant/reef forums have it and seem to like it. It is next on my list.

It's got a clamp on thing that clamps on to the rim of the tank... I'm going to do that just to save costs.

Will do on those ferts.

I'll let you know how the fixture works out when i get it with pictures and such!