Age in fish?

aquabrain

So I finally have some fish that are getting on in years. My gold tetras are 5+ years, and my Siamese flying fox is pushing 7. Happy to say they're all still going strong... more or less. However, this question did come to mind: what are the signs of an ageing aquarium fish? Do they just have lower immunity? Or is there some other way to tell by just looking?

There doesn't seem to be much info on this subject. So... would anyone care to share their experiences on this matter?

I had some mbuna as young teenager 3 of them survived to about 6 years and change. They all died in the 6th year. One refused to eat and wasted away. The other two were found mouth wide open, dead. Im guessing they would of lived longer if I knew as much about fish food now as i did then. They were petsmart cichlids as well, the male grew a decent hump for a mbuna. I have some shelldwellers that are at least 3 years old. Im guessing it depends on the type of fish that they are.