pogostemon helferi

vince0

Hey folks,

i finally found myself a bushel of this stuff, i've been half heartedly looking for it for the last few months. now that i have it settling in the tank, i realized i have no idea how to plant it properly so that it grows well in my tank. So if anyone can give me any pointers, it would be much appreciated.

here is a pic of the tank it is going into

P1020055.jpg

and a pic of the bushel, im planning on planting in the front left of the tank, around the red tiger lotus

Thanks for reading, and i hope you enjoy the pics. I'm also looking forward to hearing what your opinions are going to be!

Well I have to say this is a cute but really slow growing plant. Does not really require any special care except it needs lots of Micro and Macro supplements or any new growth will appear pale/whitish.

I Dont Agree With With This At All !

I Have This In My Fluval Edge And It Grows Fast .. And Not Pale At All ! At The Moment It Is Taken Almost Half Of My Edge And I Just Pulled Half Around 3 Weeks Ago Here Are 2 Pics Just Taken .. One Pic From The Front And One Of The Top View So Ya Can See How Thick It Grows

But As Per Your Original Question How To Plant Just Put It Where Ya Want With The Roots In The Sand ... You Wont Get All The Roots In The Sand But Thats Fine They Will Go Where They Want ... Just Put Them Where They Will Get There Light And Where There Not Going To Chock Out A Plant Close By So Give It Room Ta Spread Out

Blake