Hello :)

DragonNeko

Hello, I'm from Morinville (near Edmonton), and new to the hobby. I started a tank about 7 weeks ago, and a second one about 3 weeks ago. My main tank is a 20gal. High with 1 female Dalmation Molly, 1 male Creamsicle Molly, 2 7 weeks old female Dalmation Mollies, 1 oto-cat, 2 Julii Corydoras, and 3 Neon Tetras. My 10gal. tank has 6 1 week old fry. I recently moved them to it, even though it's still cycling. I was worried about them being in the main tank, since they need a lot of water changes, but it just cycled and I don't wanna do too many. They like to hang around the heater and exploring their new freedom, lol. I had them in a breeder net in the main tank.

I'd love to set up a 3rd tank one day, but for now I'm gonna focus on the two I have. My roommate has a 10 leader tank that we gave him, and he's been talking about getting a bigger one. If he does, I'll likely take over his 10 leader, so I'll likely have a 3rd tank anyway, lol. If I get it, I hope to breed ghost shrimp to feed to the fish for some fresh variety. Sometime in the distant future, I'd like to have a saltwater tank. With how much more work it is, and the cost of the fish, I want to have A LOT of experience beforehand. I'd love to have clown fish and red shrimp for sure. I also want sea horses, but they'll need a separate tank...I guess I plan to have 2 saltwater tanks, lol. That's a long time from now though. I love my current fish, and greatly enjoy breeding my mollies, and hope to get into breeding corydoras someday. I love taking care of fry! It makes me so happy to see them grow!

I hope to learn much more on this site. I made a l lot of beginner mistakes, but I'm learning a lot, and I care a great deal about my fish! I already have 3 dogs and 2 cats, but taking care of fish is an entirely different experience, and I love it!

Edited by DragonNeko

Welcome to the site! That 10g would make a great nano tank, and in my personal opion, a great way to start off in salt water. Kind of gets your feet wet, and if you make a mistake, you don't have alot invested. But be warned, salt water is very addicting...Especially with the corals...lol

Jeff

Welcome to the site! That 10g would make a great nano tank, and in my personal opion, a great way to start off in salt water. Kind of gets your feet wet, and if you make a mistake, you don't have alot invested. But be warned, salt water is very addicting...Especially with the corals...lol

Jeff

I'll keep that in mind! I usually see saltwater fish in bigger tanks at the stores, except for seahorses, so I thought I would need a big one. I love coral, it's one of the main things I love about saltwater! Though, what is a nano?

I know they are just adorable :D

You can add 10 to a 10Gal tank and without you noticing grow to over 100! They are the best thing to breed without setting up 10 tanks tongue2.gif

Im always looking to read good romance (and possibly action) manga with a good (preferably long) plot. I guess a a few of my all time favorites include Red River, Samurai Deeper Kyo and 1/2 Prince 04.gif. Any manga you want to recommend? I'm also reading survival ones too cause I ran out of good romance to read rolleyes.gif

I know they are just adorable :D

You can add 10 to a 10Gal tank and without you noticing grow to over 100! They are the best thing to breed without setting up 10 tanks tongue2.gif

Im always looking to read good romance (and possibly action) manga with a good (preferably long) plot. I guess a a few of my all time favorites include Red River, Samurai Deeper Kyo and 1/2 Prince 04.gif. Any manga you want to recommend? I'm also reading survival ones too cause I ran out of good romance to read rolleyes.gif

I'm hoping to have a 10gal. with either Ghost Shrimp or Cherry Shrimp, and breed them for fish food and just cause I love breeding, lol.

I haven't read any of those, but I've seen the first few episodes of Samurai Deeper Kyo and loved it. I haven't read too much manga yet, but I really liked Gentlemen's Alliance, Full Moon O Sagashite, and Kitchen Princess (yummy recipes in the back XD). Some other's I'm reading and like are Chobits, Clover (just started reading the new omnibus edition, soooo good! I can't stop drooling over the high quality paper XD), Black Cat (action, comedy, and a lil' romance), and Ultra Cute. I haven't read Kimi ni Todoke, but I watched the anime and it's one of my favorite romance stories!

Edited by DragonNeko

Ghost shrimp is harder to breed then Cherry because they have a larvae stage or something and is apparently really hard to feed the babies.

I've already read most of the ones you mentioned except I kinda lost interest in Kimi ni Todoke. Definitely red Red River it is one of the most epic stories of all time with a very strong female lead! If I have the time I'd totally re-read it! I'm just hoping to get my paws on as much manga as possible before Mangafox close down :(

Jeff

I'll keep that in mind! I usually see saltwater fish in bigger tanks at the stores, except for seahorses, so I thought I would need a big one. I love coral, it's one of the main things I love about saltwater! Though, what is a nano?

A nano reef is a type of marine aquarium that is typically less than 30 gallons. Nano reefs have become quite popular in recent years among fish keeping hobbyists, primarily because of their smaller size, maintainability, and the possibility of lower costs. The burgeoning interest in this niche of marine aquarium science has fostered several notable contributions ranging from specific consumer products such as specialized aquarium filters, compact high intensity lighting systems and smaller circulation pumps. Such equipment allows the aquarist to maintain an environment wherein many marine organisms are capable of thriving.

http://www.nano-reef.com/fish/ is a list of fish that you can place in a nano reef, they also have alot of information on keeping a nano reef.

Hope this helps sway you over to the Salt Side *evil laugh*

Jeff

Ghost shrimp is harder to breed then Cherry because they have a larvae stage or something and is apparently really hard to feed the babies.

I've already read most of the ones you mentioned except I kinda lost interest in Kimi ni Todoke. Definitely red Red River it is one of the most epic stories of all time with a very strong female lead! If I have the time I'd totally re-read it! I'm just hoping to get my paws on as much manga as possible before Mangafox close down :(

I didn't know that. Hmm, I don't know which one I would rather try breeding. I do like a challenge, so I might stick with the ghost shrimp. I guess if that doesn't work, I can always switch to cherry's. I heard about MangaFox. My eyes hurt when I try to read manga online, but I still liked browsing and reading a chapter or two to see if I would buy it. Plus there are so many that aren't translated and available here. Especially the one-shot manga's that are super short.

Jeff

A nano reef is a type of marine aquarium that is typically less than 30 gallons. Nano reefs have become quite popular in recent years among fish keeping hobbyists, primarily because of their smaller size, maintainability, and the possibility of lower costs. The burgeoning interest in this niche of marine aquarium science has fostered several notable contributions ranging from specific consumer products such as specialized aquarium filters, compact high intensity lighting systems and smaller circulation pumps. Such equipment allows the aquarist to maintain an environment wherein many marine organisms are capable of thriving.

http://www.nano-reef.com/fish/ is a list of fish that you can place in a nano reef, they also have alot of information on keeping a nano reef.

Hope this helps sway you over to the Salt Side *evil laugh*

Jeff

Thank you for telling me about nano reefs! I told my husband, and he wanted to set one up right away, lol. I reminded him that we have 2 tanks we need to fully establish first. I'd like to go at least a few months without making huge purchases for the tanks...though it's hard to do so. I keep finding things to buy for them, but they're all worth it!