WC Blue Acara

vince0

I picked up some WC Blue Acara from fairdeal this week and I have to say these are some of the best looking blue acaras I have seen in a long long time. So I thought i'd post some pictures. These fish are approximately 2.5" at the moment and are starting to color up.

P1020189.jpg

P1020164.jpg

P1020153.jpg

P1020139.jpg

Another big thank you to fairdeal for these beauties.

So I came home tonight, and whadayaknow? The eggs have hatched... The parents made a "bowl" in the gravel and moved the fry from the leaf to this area. Here's a pic of the parents, you can barely see the tiny fry on the gravel. Also included is a picture of the fry, they are the orange dots on top of the gravel.

P1020196.jpg

P1020197.jpg

UPDATE TIME!

Well the parents are still proudly guarding the eggs, the male keeps the other blue acaras on the other half of the 55g they are housed in. He doesn't seem to be bothering anything else in the tank, although some of my angels have small bite marks on them. Im not sure if thats aggression between the angels, or from the acaras.

Heres some pics, the fry are now free swimming and the mom never leaves their side. They are getting more and more adventurous, but as the week goes on, they are slowly getting big enough to not fit in most fished mouths.

P1020220.jpg

P1020221.jpg

P1020226.jpg

Mom finally butted into my photo session, I think she was starting to get a little peaved about the flash going off repeatadly

P1020224.jpg

Thanks, and hope you enjoyed these pics