Shrimp Hybridization

Hippoherder

I have the chance to get some wild and hybridized cherry shrimp. I don't know what color morphs will breed true or are dominant. Does anyone have an idea? For ex/ If I get a yellow or blue from a wild pairing and pair it with a like color morph shrimp, will I get a uniform color group of baby shrimp or will I have to keep breeding a few generations of the same color to get a uniform color from a pair? Not sure if I should keep the offspring in their own fun "anything can happen tank" or start isolating the colors out from the hatchings....or just not attempt it.

thanks,

Bill

I have a "Cherry Shrimp" tank, that I'm sure started with all CS - but they were all from a tank that was originally a mix of Green and Cherry. In the mix tank, I started to see some zebras; and, the GS were populating way faster than the CS, so I started the CS tank. Now, it's mostly a CS tank with a few GS - haven't really noticed any zebras - but, I haven't paid much attention to the tank in the last while.

That mix tank, however, now has CS, GS, Zebra, Yellow and Brown - maybe one or two blue (out of a few hundred).

I have a "Cherry Shrimp" tank, that I'm sure started with all CS - but they were all from a tank that was originally a mix of Green and Cherry. In the mix tank, I started to see some zebras; and, the GS were populating way faster than the CS, so I started the CS tank. Now, it's mostly a CS tank with a few GS - haven't really noticed any zebras - but, I haven't paid much attention to the tank in the last while.

That mix tank, however, now has CS, GS, Zebra, Yellow and Brown - maybe one or two blue (out of a few hundred).

Once you have a hybridized (crossbreeding) tank, what do you do with the excess babies? If I were to get a yellow, could I give it to a friend saying it is a yellow morph of a cherry shrimp or should I mention it is an offspring from a hybridized tank?