Plexiglass Lid?

butters

So my Piranhas keep jumping out of the tank when they get startled. Considering I am selling my apartment, the last thing I need is one of them to jump out when the agent is walking around with a potential buyer haha. Does anyone know where I can buy some plexiglass and get it custom cut as well. Or do any of you have any other lid suggestions?

first of all...I litterally burst out laughing. I got a visual of the fish jumping out and freightening the agent and potential buyer and it was awesome!

You can go to a place like Home Depot and buy plexi glass in various thickness' and sizes...they even have a plexi glass cutting tool you can buy if you really want it. If you're only going to use the plexi glass short term then it's ok...IME, Plexi glass (not so thick stuff) bends easily and then you have to flip it all the time to reverse the bend. Other suggestions might be a wire top that people use for terrariums? They're usually plastic coated so they don't rust, or maybe get some big floating plants like lilies...like a visual barrier for the fish?

Good Luck!

first of all...I litterally burst out laughing. I got a visual of the fish jumping out and freightening the agent and potential buyer and it was awesome!

You can go to a place like Home Depot and buy plexi glass in various thickness' and sizes...they even have a plexi glass cutting tool you can buy if you really want it. If you're only going to use the plexi glass short term then it's ok...IME, Plexi glass (not so thick stuff) bends easily and then you have to flip it all the time to reverse the bend. Other suggestions might be a wire top that people use for terrariums? They're usually plastic coated so they don't rust, or maybe get some big floating plants like lilies...like a visual barrier for the fish?

Good Luck!

I had a good visual of it too and laughed my @$$ off! haha!

Where would I find lily pads? I've tried looking for them before and had no luck.

You could use Red Tiger Lilies, or just Red Lilies...or those pond plants that float...Maybe Nature's Corner might have something...You might even luck out and find someone on here that still has some and will sell you some? I just pruned my Red Tiger Lotus' and they had leaves that spanned about 6-8"! They work good for those fish that like to jump!

places that cut residential glass (I think most speedy auto glasses) can cut you some I think it's 4mm glass, costs maybe 20 bucks if my foggy memory is right. I tried the plexiglass once, and it bends and gets annoying. if you just want it to overhang a bit they might even have some scrap type glass for cheaper. if you want it to fit inside the tank then measure very accurately the width...