10 Gallon Planted Snails And Shrimp

kristarockstar

Well it's been a couple months since I decided to get back into the hobby on a small scale.

With help from a few AA members: Lots of thanks to fishclubgirl, DanGofCalgary and Aguabonita for the shrimp, plants and/or snails.

I also added a few more plants at a 2for1 riverfront sale.

So it is a 10 gallon freshwater with a black painted back and black rocky substrate. It has a heater, HOB filter, air stone, thermometer and a florescent light and a LED light on a glass top.

I have a bunch of different plants in there don't know all the names but there is java fern, amazon sword, java moss, crypts, banana plant and moss ball. Also a peice of reddish driftwood.

As for creatures I have cherry shrimp from 4 different sources, and some were berried so I have some tiny babies hiding that I see every once in a while. The dark background and substrate has made them a really dark pretty red.

I have a few apple snails (Pomacea diffusa aka Pomacea bridgesii or mystery snail) in blue, ivory and pink stripe. And a couple of asolene spixi that are yellow and brown stripe.

I currently have a trio of male guppies in there too but I think I would like some white cloud minnows instead.

Thanks for the help everyone!

I shall read the post on aquarium photography to get some really good pics

tank2.jpg

shrimp2.jpg

snails2.jpg

snail2-2.jpg

Edited by kristarockstar

Looks great! Soon you'll need another and another...