Callamanus Worms-Help

Sierra

PLEASE HELP QUICK

I came back from my holidays and my two newest bettas looked thin and ill. Before I went away I had noticed one refused to eat but kinda brushed it off he was not happy where he was in his new temporary home. Now I noticed the worms coming out of him regularly. I just found out what these were today and am pretty worried.

Has anyone treated these with a product you can buy somewhere and not import?

I have two small bowls that need treated. I would like to treat my 20 gallon tank because I had put some of the sick betta's water into it. (DUMB! - didn't think he had anything)

This is a one of a kinda betta I payed dearly for and he was supposed to be my prize breeding male. The other sick fish is the female I planned to breed him with...however she can be replaced if necessary.

I could really use some advice quickly on where to get a treatment product! Prefer one that someone has experience with.

He is not eating so medicated foods won't work. cry1.gif

Research says levamisole or fenbendazole? WHERE CAN I GET THESE!? Will be taking a trip to the LPS to read all the labels and hope to find something.

Sierra, swing by my place tomorrow and i'll help you out. i believe i have enough levamisole to treat a 55 gallon so i can easily spare some. i also have experience with successful treatment for callamanus, so i can walk you through everything.

give me a shout. 780-934-8261

Edited by BettaFishMommy

Sierra, swing by my place tomorrow and i'll help you out. i believe i have enough levamisole to treat a 55 gallon so i can easily spare some. i also have experience with successful treatment for callamanus, so i can walk you through everything.

give me a shout. 780-934-8261

You are a life saver. I will give you a call tomorrow after school around 3. Crossing my fingers they hang in there. Pretty sure I still have your address in an old PM...I have been so unorganized since getting back on Sunday.

Pet store has nothing but that food but now they both aren't eating so it won't help. Yes I tried rubbing with garlic although I don't even know if that works.

• 3 months later...

OMGosh I just noticed my brand new dwarf cichlid has these nasty worms. I now have 2 tanks to treat as I moved him from my one tank to my guppy tank. Where can I buy the stuff in red deer to treat it. And what do I need to do????

hahahaha...so You Hooked up...and you hooked her up...that's a lot of hooking up. Does your wife know all this is going on?? LOL

She saw some of it. She doesn't mind. She knows it's cause I have the drugs. Lol