Calvus Breeding

newfries

Hi Folks

I have a problem with calvus breeding, need folks would help me out. I have some calvus in 90G, an female has staying in the shell for 3,4 days & a male stay outside around the shell but yesterday I saw female got away the shell, look like she getting stress scare sthing, don't want to get in the shell anymore, I dont know why, if someone know what wrong it is, pls let me know, thank a lot.

It's not make a sense to me, as my knowledge when a female laying egg, she should stay in the shell, let the male make the sperm into the shell & she staying inside untill eggs become to fries but my female ran away the shell. Before that she laid once time & staying inside or sometimes come out for feed. do not hiding like this time. If a female lay eggs & then run away, other fish will eat the eggs at all.So she should stay around the shell to order to protect her eggs.do I say it is right!

If the fish are young, they may have to learn to be good parents. When I had some calvus, it was the 3rd spawning attempt before I saw fry.