Yay Rcs's

kimmi7

So about 3 weeks ago I went out and bought 13 little rcs off a guy. I have in my tank 2 dwarf african frogs, 2 angels and thats all i know off the top of my head that would go after shrimp, maybe my betta. Anyways I havent seen any but one or two here and there, sadly a couple dead ones and yes I saw a frog get one. Tonight as I was cleaning out my tank, about to move my driftwood looking thing, I saw not one but two hanging on. So all total I have found 8 that have made it in the tank plus one female with eggs. Not sure if she will have babies but I sure hope so. Oh and on a sad note, I found TONS of baby snails :( time to get a clown loach.

the clown loach would probably eat shrimp i'd think.

you might be saying goodbye to your shrimp....i'd put them into a smaller aquarium for good

OR at least for a few months, let them breed and once you have lots put them back into the original aquairum so they'll have a better chance of their species surviving (cus some will surely become fish snacks).

i think if they have lasted for 3 weeks with two angels, rainbow shark, betta and recently a dwarf gouraim that they are good at hiding plus i did see one female with eggs in the couple. I have a large bunch of cabomba greens and thats has about 15 stalks. They tend to hide in there and i check on them every couple of days, if i dont start to see them then i will move them to my 2.5 gal.

• 3 weeks later...

you may wanna move them to your2.5g tank and salvage your colony. They will move all over your tqnk when they have no predators. Right now I'm sorry to say they are scared I can only assume. lol