Lovin' My New 120Gal

jld

post-4942-0-99896400-1297651408_thumb.jpgJust upgraded from my old 60gal. Bought this 120 from a really nice member from Calgary. My fish are as happy as me... I got to redecorate and they all love the extra space to swim around in! Hope you all like my tank design!

I had fun picking out that wood from a huge box in Big Al's Calgary.... it is terranium wood not drift wood sold for $23 a piece, and I weighted in down by screwing suction cups from the bath isle in the dollar store to the bottoms (that only took about a month to be saturated enough to remove the cups)! I added dollar store plastic plants to the ends of the back branches to make them look like trees (they already have a wire in them so I just wrapped them around the branch). Big Al's in Edmonton will carry the same stock wood.

Very nice those are some awesome lookin pieces of wood. I'm jealous :P

Do you know what kind of wood that is?

• 2 weeks later...

I am always trying to keep it all male mixed mbunas and peacocks(various sizes for appeal) ( I am very picky trying to find the very best coloration and overall look of them too)... I did recently have another accident with a female ob peacock holding but the dad is a stunner so its ok i guess,lolpost-4942-0-18834700-1299376377_thumb.jpg As for the list, I love my fish so I will be happy to share what I think makes a colorful tank and would love to share many pics, but I really am bad at getting a clear pic (I have tryed over and over)

mbunas:

2 cobalt blue

2 red zebra

2 electric yellow

2 lab. travs (both dark blues) + one ob female

1 brownish red fulleborni

1 juvenille demonsai (kept one baby from an earlier accident to see the results and then gave parents to mom)

1 kenyi

peacocks/others:

3 dolphins

1 6 strip front

2 ruby reds

5 albinos (two obs (dark pink and yellow), other colors ( yellow and nude)

3 obs, one red, one yellow + the female

1 female girrafe venustus (great color less aggression)

1 sunshine orange

1 sunshine yellow

1 red empress

1 yellow regal

1 blue regal

1 strawberry ob hybred

1 strawberry

plus a few other really nice males that I haven't been able to identify.

looks beautiful, love the low lighting natural look!

What all occupies the tank?