Rock Shrimp/flower Shrimp

Caprichoso

Hi

I've seen these shrimp at PetSmart. They are labeled as Rock Shrimp but I've also heard them called Flower Shrimp. They basically sit by the current and catch food particles with what looks like a furry star, lol...don't know how to describe it.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has had them and what you think about them. (Requirements, preferences, etc..)

I have a 140g community tank with tetras, gourami and corydoras. Will these shrimp be ok? Now, what if I want to add cherry and amano shrimp...will the Rock Shrimp eat the other shrimp? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advancebiggrin.gif

Ok great! I wasn't sure because it says that the rock shrimp get to be 4'' and I didn't want them to bully the smaller cherry shrimp. I'm excited to get some, they look really neat but I want to wait until my tank is more established first.

Tonight I was really happy to see some baby shrimps in my 30g!!! I can't tell if they're amano or cherries because they are so small but I guess I won't have to buy any for my 140g nowthumbup.gif!!!!!! First time breeding shrimp, I'm super excited, can you tell?w00t.gifLol.

Vampire shrimp..hmmm, sounds interesting!