Looking For Some Input

robin

Hi all, looking for some tips. I have a nicely done up 45 gal in my living room. It has always been a community tank, but I can't grow plants well in it, and am tired of trying. I am thinking of moving the community fish out of it and setting it up as a 'clean' looking tank for one single larger fish, and maybe a bottom dweller as well. There is a wc pleco in there and a upside down catfish that might stay.

Anyways, suggestions please on a suitable fish that would do well by itself, not grow too big for the tank (I have a canister and hob filter currently, so filtration is awesome), and is not an oscar. they are ugly! so.......suggestions??

Thanks in advance...robin

aww don't give up on that planted tank just yet haha. Kind of seriously though. I was once like you! Then I bought fluorite substrate, GOOD lights, and injected some CO2 and I can do no wrong...

On the other hand, before I did that, and I have a 30g tank... I had a simple cichlid tank. A few rocks I got from the rivervalley piled nicely. And one Jack Dempsey. He became this irridescent green/blue color (think avatar). Lights on only rarely and it hardly grew algae etc. Very simple.

Clark

Clean and simple fish...maybe like a small group of red belly pirahnas? Some Tropheus maybe with some rock wall type? there are way too many possibilities...lol

I have had african tanks, some demasoni, was looking more for a loner fish, not a small group.....any other ideas?

aww don't give up on that planted tank just yet haha. Kind of seriously though. I was once like you! Then I bought fluorite substrate, GOOD lights, and injected some CO2 and I can do no wrong...

On the other hand, before I did that, and I have a 30g tank... I had a simple cichlid tank. A few rocks I got from the rivervalley piled nicely. And one Jack Dempsey. He became this irridescent green/blue color (think avatar). Lights on only rarely and it hardly grew algae etc. Very simple.

Clark

I also do have 2 planted tanks, doing just lovely. This tank I want to be open, plain, simple. I am just brainstorming........but not wanting another planted. Something different......