Algae trouble

Maximus

I have two betta crowntails I keep in brandy snifters, on a shelf with plants.

They are under fluo lights. I have a serious problem with algae buildup.. It takes only a couple of days (2) for the water to turn green. Besides moving them out of the light, Is there anything I can do to minimize the green crap without injuring the fish?

I mean , I have algae in the fish tanks.. But not like this.

I have the same problem with the pair of 4 liter fish bowls that I maintain at my Father-in-law's house. I accumulated, via garage sales, a spare pair of bowls and while I rinse the in use bowls out twice a week when doing water changes whenb they start to get unsightly I swap bowls take the other ones home and run them through the dishwasher. Works well.

I have 3 bettas that get the morning sunlight and one is in a brandy snifter as well, two have plants in there with them, no green water. Usually caused by too much light or too much nutrients, food in, poop out or a combination of above. I change their water weekly not because the water is green but because Bob, my oldest betta, is a stinky little bugger. :)

Edited by HOSStile