International Betta Congress Presentation

fishclubgirl

Hey all you betta lovers and anyone else interested!!

The Aquarium Club of Edmonton speaker weekend will also have a presentation on wild bettas at noon on Saturday by an absolute unknown. Heckling is allowed and even encouraged and I dodge ripe tomatoes quite well. It's a great presentation with pics of fish that are rarely seen in captivity. Also the International Betta Congress has supplied me with graft, as long as it makes it here on time. Warning, I have been known to throw things during my talks and I never was much of a ballplayer. Anyhow hope to see you there on March 19th!!

I won't be there in time to see your talk or heckle you AM. Hoping to make it for the 3:00 pm photography session, but starting to look like it might be the banquet that I make...

Could you please kindly heckle yourself for me? Just randomly insert lines like

'you betta speak up! I can't hear you in the back!'

'My betta is betta than your betta!'

ok. that is all I have right now.

Dan, too bad you're not going to be there for my talk as I need payback for all those plants that I only put the latin names on at the last meeting(who doesn't love "shinnersia weiss-grun"). The International Betta Congress double shipped me the "giveaways" so I have plenty of things to throw at hecklers too.You'll miss all sorts of pretty pictures of wild bettas that I won't get for you because you skipped my talk!!! :boxer: :chair:

Edited by fishclubgirl

I know. I have zero time in Edmonton. I need a female betta picta, and don't have time to hit up Big Als while I am there to see if they have one....

And you do deserve payback. First time I have auctioneered since JC was a Cowboy, have never known ANYTHING about plants and you blindside me with that. hehe. I was trying to stick Ken with all the plants when we double teamed the auctioneering.

As Werner has stated, I might have to actually start reading up on plants....

Edited by DanGofCalgary