Hello Hello!

Angelios

Hi All!

I am new in here too. I stumbled upon the site when I was googling for information on sellers for Discus in Calgary / Canada. I have 3 tanks a 280 Gallon behind my head with Chiclids of all types ( yellows and Cobalt blue, Venustus, Convict, And Oscar ( thinking of adding another) 3 Large common Pleco's and Loads of toys. One is a 75 Gallon Octogon in my living area, It has Trumpet snails ( MANY MANY MANY OF THEM! I GIVE THEM AWAY READILY!) is Planted and has 4 Discus in there ... we have discovered a breeding pair but they keep eating their eggs. Apparently this is a normal thing and they will stop as they mature. I also have a few Zebra snails in there , I recently had to scour this tank with a razor and a scrubbie sponge because of that damned green algae that sticks to the sides ... , man that stuff is annoying and now that the lovely government has outlawed certain chemicals its almost impossible to get control of without a lot and I MEAN A LOT of muscle. I also have a 60 Gallon octagon hidden upstairs in the reading room. It's planted and has all kinds of little stuff in it ( Black Skirt tetra's plattys, mollies , guppies, silver dollars a pleco , etc etc) This one seems very stable now that the plants have really taken root and took over the bottom of the tank it has a noisy top / Side mount filter that when the water level inst just so makes a dripping racket at night. It DID have a nice canister till the seal went on it. I was poking around looking for filter help when I was on earlier to see if I can fix it.