Lily Flower Bud Gone!

nanmer

I have a nice group of mini water lilies. I have been waiting to see a flower. With great excitement, a bud finally appeared! Two days later, gone! I don't want to blame the wrong fish/snail but who do I 2guns.gif?

I have a few pond snails and rams (trying to get rid of them), 2 zebra nerites, a few Chinese trapdoor snails, one albino bn pleco, petricola cats, and two gold angels. The rest of the fish are dithers and have no interest.

At present I am ready to go on a pest snail hunt blowup.gif. Before I rip my planted tank apart I want to rule out a fish snacking on a nice tender flower bud. I see another bud forming and am considering putting a cage with razor wire around it!

How do you know it was a fish or snail? My first suspiscion would be that it died back. The flower wouldn't take long to disintegrate. Is the stalk still there?

I have a nice group of mini water lilies. I have been waiting to see a flower. With great excitement, a bud finally appeared! Two days later, gone! I don't want to blame the wrong fish/snail but who do I 2guns.gif?

I have a few pond snails and rams (trying to get rid of them), 2 zebra nerites, a few Chinese trapdoor snails, one albino bn pleco, petricola cats, and two gold angels. The rest of the fish are dithers and have no interest.

At present I am ready to go on a pest snail hunt blowup.gif. Before I rip my planted tank apart I want to rule out a fish snacking on a nice tender flower bud. I see another bud forming and am considering putting a cage with razor wire around it!

Thanks for the reply,

I considered die back but the bud was healthy and green at midnight and at 5am it was gone. It was emerging from the crown so not much for a stalk. If it was die back how long would it take to disintegrate and how to prevent die back? It had flower buds when I got the plant, they turned brown and stick around for a while. I am sure that preventing die back involves ferts, I am new to this game and still learing!

I will keep my fingers crossed! I tend to blame the pest snails for the missing bud, will have to put in a snail trap. There were a few on the sand near the bud.

Edited by nanmer