Flourite

ty_s

So i got a sack of Flourite today i want to add it to my my set up 55gallon tank with a small washed rock in it. is there any way to do this with out makingchair.gif A mess my 2 year old would be proud of? i am thinking strip the plants and fish out of the tank drain a bunch of the water, put the Flourite in a bag after rinsed and cut bag opine under water line and stir in to the existing 60lb of substrate? then live plants in a cooler over night with a air stone and heater and return the fish to the plume of DUST i will have made after a hr or 2 ?

Is your existing substrate flourite too? If not I recommend the following:

You'll want the flourite under your existing gravel/rock/sand. So you'll want to remove the all the plants and fish, then you can remove all water and the existing substrate. Then dump the flourite into the bottom of the tank and arrange as you want. Then replace the existing substrate. Then very carefully return the water to the tank so as not disturb the substrate. I would recommend leaving all the fish and plants out of the tanks for 24hrs in a temporary set-up. You'll also want to clean your filters once a week for the next couple weeks as all the extra bits get sucked up.

I think most people either rinse it first or add it to a dry tank, then fill SLOWLY.

i did rinse is the bad part for like 2 hr in a pain in the sink oh well noting some time and filters will not fixblowup.gif my 2 year old would be proud i could not put my plants back in right now if i wanted to well i could just would have this haze on them all my tank looks like the vancouver sky line on a summer day