Upgrade

ty_s

OK so i just finished putting together my new stand for my new used 75 gallon tank. i have scraped and scraped inside and out with a blade and vinegar also put in about 6 " of water to check for drips. when the water was in the tank i add about a cup of belch and wiped down the walls with it then re did vinegar today

any tips.

going in to my tank

10 ml of prime maybe 15 ml for good luck

i am going to use my 2 fluvial 305

heater from my 55g tank will add a second one before fall

my lights from my existing setup 4 54w t5 ho

co2 tank and existing pluming

for sub straight i have 3 maybe 4 bags of small rock about 2MM mixed with 1 bag of Flourite

adding one more bag of Flourite thinking i will spreed it on bottom of tank and cover it with the old mix.

i have enough rubber made bins and pails i am going to save almost all of my water.

plants are coming out and going in a cooler

fish in to a rubber made with a lid and heater and air stone till i have the tank just right.

hears what i need to know.

to wash out existing sub straight or just live it just finished getting rid of BGA ? if i wash it out just tap water? or should i get the plants and fish out then just stir the hell out of it and put the water in to my rubber made bins and let it sit and just put back in the water without the gunk that will be at the bottom of the bin / pail?

Plants should do a quick dip due to just getting over bga?

planing on starting the brake down at about 1 pm i have a friend coming over to help move the tank and stand about 3 is 2 hr enough time to do a full brake down of a 55 gallon planted tank?

Edited by 55gallon

When you say you're getting over BGA, does that mean you can't see it anymore, or are the plants & gravel still covered?

If the BGA is gone, then it all should be fine to move. I wouldn't bother keeping your water - I just moved a 120gal, 2x 75 gal and a bunch of smaller tank and they all got 100% new water. Not a single fish out of about 150 died.

Rinse out your 75 and empty all water. Then, put your gravel and Flourite in and any other decorations (wood, rocks, bubbling castle ;) ). In a planted tank, you want at least 2-3" of substrate. Once all of your substrate in, add water SLOWLY (pour water onto a plate or bowl or something similar so the gravel isn't stirred up). Once your 75 is filled about 2/3 add your plants, then top up the tank and add your fish.

HTH

Yes bga has been treated and can't see it any. more. Not trying to save water will save me. Some time and. Work. But I think a am going to re use some. Of it. I have to put it in pails anyways. I just will not go nuts about re using it all. I can dump it in to the tank or. Pack it 20 feet to. Dump it call me lazy LOL.

I wouldn't rinse the gravel with tap water. The gunk is good. Use new water, the old will be nasty once you pull plants.

Using 4 bulbs in that ho fixture is asking for trouble. I'd start with 2 and maybe a burst for a few hours with all 4 during the day.

Too much light will cause more and worse problems than too little. Those t5ho are powerful. Don't use the wpg rule. Four bulbs is the high end of high light. You'll need your co2 and fertz nearly perfect to keep algae at bay.

so it is up and running with plans and fish in. i am wondering how the heck i fit all my plant in my 55 gallon tank unsure.gif

over the next day or so i need to move some plants around to make them just right. and ill post the photos of my spike moss hut i made out of a flower pot and glue i need to pull it out and glue down the moss it defies gravity i thought i would hang but it floats thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Just a quick question here as I am new to planted tanks but I don't think your to glue plants or moss to anything. I just used thread and will leave it till it starts to grow around it.

you use reef glue works quite well same as crazy glue . crazy glue was made in the 1960 for Vietnam to glue ppl back together. works quite well on a cut if you can get it to stop bleeding long enough to get a bead of glue on it i keep some in my tool box at work.

if you have been in to aquarium central in edmonton you will see spike moss on a peace of drift wood thats were i got the idea

Edited by 55gallon

I use crazy glue for all kinds of thing - moss, ferns, Anubias, corals, kids crafts.... :)