Clean Up Crew For Egg Layer Tank

I am looking for a clean up crew for a couple of tanks that house mop spawner and substrate spawning egg layers. I am pretty sure snails will eat fish eggs and can't find a consensus on dwarf shrimpo eating fish eggs. I'd like some kind of clean up crew. Can anyone reccomend anything that definately won't eat fish eggs?

I use cherry shrimp for the same thing. I was told this weekend that there was an article in the AKA magazine from a fellow that has been doing the same for the last 5 years.

I was suspicious of them for a bit when a batch of eggs slowly dissapeared, but now think that the eggs were going bad, and the shrimp will eat them then.

To be sure, you might have to do a bit of experimentation, but I do trust my cherry shrimp with most eggs, and once they hatch I then also add an asolene spixi snail (smallish) to keep any hydra infestation out when I start the live foods like bbs.

You are correct to not add the snails till the eggs hatch, in my humble opinion. Also, keep in mind the shrimp run the risk of being a snack if you have any adult fish in the tank.

Edited by DanGofCalgary