New Plant!

Wingin' It

I got a new plant today...I absolutely LOVE it! I love it so much I might just marry it! LOL j/k

it's called: Syngonanthus 'Belem'

my pic doesn't do it justice...but gosh is it pretty!

002.jpg

Edited by Wingin' It

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It totally popped out of the tub that awesome! hahaha...while it was in the tub I couldn't quite tell what it was going to look like, so I whipped out the trusty smart phone and searched it...and didn't even think twice about spending $15 hahaha. The name on the tub is incorrect as far as I can tell though...so I had to do some searching. My husband hasn't seen them yet...I hope he doesn't 'cause then i'll never hear the end of it! lol

If I don't kill it...i'll have to wait to see it grow to find out what it looks more like...I believe they were grown emmersed, so they'll probably be slightly different when submersed. Either way though, I really like it. Just hope it doesn't die :(

It totally popped out of the tub that awesome! hahaha...while it was in the tub I couldn't quite tell what it was going to look like, so I whipped out the trusty smart phone and searched it...and didn't even think twice about spending $15 hahaha. The name on the tub is incorrect as far as I can tell though...so I had to do some searching. My husband hasn't seen them yet...I hope he doesn't 'cause then i'll never hear the end of it! lol

What was it labeled as? That way I can keep my eyes peeled for one at my LFS that carries AquaFloura.....Thanks.

use r/o water in the tank your planting that in...Its a very hard plant to grow.it needs soft water and an acidic substrate plus a lot of co2

Aquaflora grows plants in tissue sample so its not really grown emmersed..it shouldnt change..

Edited by ubr0ke

Well...i'm kind of a Wingin' it kinda person (hence the user id) lol...so I changed out the bulb today, and added some Excel...hopefully that will be enough. If not...oh well. There's enough conflicting info out there on this plant...enough to make me think, ehhh...it might just work ok ;)

Here's a pic with the new light...any difference?

2011-04-16131859.jpg