Hello All, Total Newbie Here.

Mikky

Hey everybody,

I'm a total newbie when it comes to fish and ponds, however my family recently bought an acreage and on the land right next to the house is a pond, it is approx a 1 acre pond and probably 16' deep. I know for a fact that the previous owners had the pond stocked with at least a few fish, although they took the aerator when they left. It killed the fish. We are going to be putting up a decent sized windmill aerator, and I am kindly seeking any helpful information anyone can provide. I need to know anything you have to throw at me, fish that will winter, plants that will survive, anything. :) the acreage is located south of the drayton valley area. Thanks ahead of time, and I enjoy the coming conversations.

I have no experience with ponds, but good luck and welcome to the site! The members here are very helpful and friendly, I'm sure you'll get some great advice :)

I have no experience with ponds, but good luck and welcome to the site! The members here are very helpful and friendly, I'm sure you'll get some great advice :)

Thank you! I have seen many posts and look forward to speaking to all of you. Seems there are many knowledgable people on this site, and rather friendly too. :)

Welcome to the forum!

Wow...sounds like quite the pond!

We had a speaker come to the CAS meeting one night who spoke to us about ponds...and he says he tries just about anything, from gold fish to small aquarium fish! He even has turtles in his pond and he goes swimming in it! Of course he uses UV Sterilizers, but wow!

Best of luck!