Loaning Breeding Fish

Raven

I know its a practice used among reptile breeder but I'm wondering if the same could be said with fish.

I believe the Male Guppy i bought 2 months or so ago is on his last legs, he's been doing a lot of hiding lately and i believe it's because he's been worn out from his wives fighting back and the Ameca and Krib males picking on him over territory and what not. He was a tequila sunrise male and i got 1 batch of fry out of him that are about 5 weeks old now, and possible another batch from the same female.( waiting sucks) So far the Fry have all resembled their mother (black) and the blue and albino red girls did not birth to a batch like i though they would. Probably my fault since i had moved them to the fry tank in net to give birth, waited 2 weeks and nothing. So far, no signs of them being knocked up again since being moved back. I am in the process of up grading the 29 G to a 50 G and adding 7 new fish (another BN pleco that I'm hoping is opposite sex of the on i already have- currently with the fry since its small-, and more dither fish ( the Diamond tetra got 3 new friends and there's 3 Congo tetras). The Guppies will be the last to go, so i was wondering if i could borrow someones boy to knock up my girls for a week or 2, just to see what happens :) They'll be all alone so there will be no one to pick on them as they get busy and work there magic. If it's not possible, i guess my kids get to pick out a new fish if the selection is good at a store.

Thanks For reading this and using up your time, haha!

OK, I'm basically trying my hand at creating hardy guppies again, they seem pretty weak now a days, so I'm looking for a way to get more genetic diversity.