How Big Will A Black Shark Grow ?

Under the right conditions - tank size, food. etc these babies can hit 2 feet easily. In a large enough tank they might even get bigger. They are among the largest of the fresh water sharks sold in the trade and are an important food source in their natural environment because of their size. The biggest one I saw personally was at least 18" and it was only 3 or 4 years old as far as the owner could recall.

Under the right conditions - tank size, food. etc these babies can hit 2 feet easily. In a large enough tank they might even get bigger. They are among the largest of the fresh water sharks sold in the trade and are an important food source in their natural environment because of their size. The biggest one I saw personally was at least 18" and it was only 3 or 4 years old as far as the owner could recall.

don't think mine is that old, its around 12 inches ? seems to be getting bigger.!

i also hear they are getting harder to find in the city / country ?

I heard they have been hard to find in the the hobbie in the past couple years.

The one I have will out grow my 180 gallon so he's gonna get a new home

And absolutely, if these sharks are properly taken care of they can hit 24 inches