Site Suggestion

A scroll bar on the right side box would actually cause a formatting nightmare on the page; it's just the way it's built to be compatible on so many different browsers and adding it at this time is not feasible. It may appear later, so don't give up hope.

Others have already suggested the other fine 'new content' tools we have to use, so I won't go on about them.

thumbup.gif

A scroll bar on the right side box would actually cause a formatting nightmare on the page; it's just the way it's built to be compatible on so many different browsers and adding it at this time is not feasible. It may appear later, so don't give up hope.

Others have already suggested the other fine 'new content' tools we have to use, so I won't go on about them.

• 1 month later...

[qSITE SUGGESTION

I love aa so good job, my only Beef is im not smart enough to figure out how to post pics my camera has such a high mp that it wont allow it . im sure it is a simple fix but by dialing down my mp will it them allow me to post?

my camera is fully waterproof and i can take some pretty sweet pics but between barely being able to figure out the damn camera and not knowing how to post lol its all for nothing , any thoughts on how the best way to do it is..?

uote name=Tanker' timestamp='1309320411' post='2243955]

macdre: first thing you can do is to ask an Admin to change your user group to a local group, as that increases your storage limits by 10 times. << I've now done this for you, so don't ask.

Second thing is there is a really restrictive number of image resizing options out there for free (only like, one or two BILLION) so I understand your frustrations.

Try this: Win XP/Vista: Official Microsoft Resizer Tool Or WIN7: PowerToy Clone for Win7

thankss for the tips, sorry if it is a stupid question but i cant keep up, stuff is advancing faster than i can intake, still trying to figure out why twitter is cool, who cares when someone brushed there teeth or had a hot dog for lunch,who has time for that ish

macdre: first thing you can do is to ask an Admin to change your user group to a local group, as that increases your storage limits by 10 times. << I've now done this for you, so don't ask.

Second thing is there is a really restrictive number of image resizing options out there for free (only like, one or two BILLION) so I understand your frustrations.

Try this: Win XP/Vista: Official Microsoft Resizer Tool Or WIN7: PowerToy Clone for Win7

Edited by macdre

• 5 months later...

[qSITE SUGGESTION

I love aa so good job, my only Beef is im not smart enough to figure out how to post pics my camera has such a high mp that it wont allow it . im sure it is a simple fix but by dialing down my mp will it them allow me to post?

my camera is fully waterproof and i can take some pretty sweet pics but between barely being able to figure out the damn camera and not knowing how to post lol its all for nothing , any thoughts on how the best way to do it is..?

There are tonnes of online image editing services FOR FREE...more than any hyperactive breeding shrimp you'll ever come across.

There are kinda two main online ways to do what your asking. One is a typical image/media hoster such as tinypic.com (thousands of such sites exist). With this site you can upload a large image file (for a test right now I uploaded a 20 meg tif file) then it will give you options to resize it. If by chance the image host does not allow large files over 10 meg...easy fix...just use another that will. :) These are basic and quick tools which do work well.

Now for the second option. If your concerned a bit more about quality or want a bit more control over this process you can try online image editors. Again also free.

I'll give some examples: http://www.sumopaint.com/start/ http://fotoflexer.com/ http://pixlr.com/ http://www.splashup.com/splashup/ http://www.photoshop...ditor?wf=editor with many, MANY more. Now, with this type of service you get a few higher end features that you will not find with a typical online image host such as tinypic. With this second set of websites you can actually modifiy your image to suit your needs without paying hundreds of $ for standalone image software such as Adobe Photoshop.

For an example I had picked this as I know it's a stable web application. This will show the available features in the Photoshop Express Editor:

ot1d3o.jpg

Here is an example of what the full editing screen looks like:

33wlan5.jpg

As you can see with these two pictures...MANY great features to edit digital photographs exist with this free product.

If anyone has any questions...drop me a line as I do have experience in such things.

I hope this might help someone,

ck

Edited by ckmullin