92 Gallon Corner

slingshotz

Very nice tank! That anubias barely fills that bad boy up!

Yup, it fills the middle and front pretty good but I need to figure out some tall planting for the back to hide some of the filter tubes.I really should have taken a before photo to show how barren the tank looked.

Edited by slingshotz

Heheh.... guess its too late to paint the back glass black or put on a background eh? You could try some crypt balansae, giant val or a couple really tall sword plants. You could also try some stem plants but I found them to get quite leggy with low light and a bit of a pain to trim constantly.

i would say add a wall of vals to each back pane, and toss in a couple large swords to fill out everything. that'd look nice!

as for making the background black now that the tank is set up, you could get some sticky backed velcro strips and run them along the top trim edges on those back panes, then take the corresponding sticky back velcro and put it on black fabric. you only need finger room behind the tank to do this. i did this to two 55 gallons after they were set up and running, close to a wall. it worked well!

i would say add a wall of vals to each back pane, and toss in a couple large swords to fill out everything. that'd look nice!

as for making the background black now that the tank is set up, you could get some sticky backed velcro strips and run them along the top trim edges on those back panes, then take the corresponding sticky back velcro and put it on black fabric. you only need finger room behind the tank to do this. i did this to two 55 gallons after they were set up and running, close to a wall. it worked well!

That sounds like a good idea, I've never played around with backgrounds before. What type of fabric did you use? Does it need to be thin or thick like velvet, shiny or matte?