Ram Eggs

stsetter

Hi, so while doing a water change today I went to vacuum up what I thought was play sand only to realize that they are eggs which are stuck to my drift wood. Now in my tank I have three guppies, four rams and a handful of Amano Shrimp. I read up on the shrimp and it says that they carry their eggs until they hatch, and we all know guppies are livebearers, so by process of elimination that leaves the rams. However, none are showing more than usual agression and none of them seem to be guarding the eggs. In fact all the fish and shrimp seem to be ignoring the eggs. Are these ram eggs, shrimp eggs, or do I have a real mystery on my hands?

After watching my fish for almost an hour my male red ram seems to be half-@$$ protecting the eggs. However, he seems to only be chasing the female red ram away. The gold ram and German blue ram seem to be able to go anywhere without being hassled. Is this a sign that my red rams have spawned or could it be something completely different? Also, there only seems to be a handful of eggs (maybe 6 from what I can see) is this normal?

Update: Got home from work today to find my GBR and Gold Ram spawning. They were just laying the last of the eggs so at least I didn't miss all of this amazing sight! However, the first eggs that I thought I saw looked nothing like these ones so I think it's safe to say I was wrong, but at least I know for sure! I will be leaving the eggs/fry with the parents to see how good the parents are with the young. I've heard it's hit and miss with natural fry rearing and rams so I figure Darwin can take care of the first spawn and I will go from there.

I do however have a question about the fry. Can I feed them decapsulated brine shrimp eggs or should I pick up the powdered fry food?