Grunien (Tropical Stone Fish) & Gobioides Broussonnetii (Violet Dragon Goby)

DavidJHarrison

Hi,

I finaly managed to get a Violet Dragon Goby at the cost of £10, I had doubts about putting it in my Brackish tank with two Stone fish but when I had a closer look & noticed it was about 6 to 7 inches long I felt sure it would be alright as my Morey Eels are fine & even share a tank with one of the Stone Fish, sometimes both even though they are even longer than the Dragon but when I woke the next day there wasn't any sign of it, I'm assuming its down to the Stone Fish, I'm gutted, I can see they have big mouths but how on earth can they eat something that long?

As they have eaten few fish & preventing me getting other types I'm going to have to trade them in, not worth having two of 1 type of fish when I can have Puffers/Chromides, any type of Goby, possibly not Flounders or small Columbian Sharks.

I assume so, but realy cant see how it can eat something so long, but that was nothing, i have a Quad' Datonoid in the tank, not a big 1 but I assume too big for either the Stone Fish as its still there, I bought another type of Datonoid that I thought was the same size until the second I put it in the tank & the second I did that 1 of the stone fish positioned itself & it swam right in front of it & was eaten, I had that for about 10 seconds!!! That Dat' cost me £16!!!!

I don't spend £10 or £16 on myself for lunch!!!! Surprised it didn't ask for a Wine list!!!