Flourish Excel Clarification

425nm

it all depends on bio load, filters, amount of plants etc..

you can change the water as often as you want..I suggest 1 big water change rather then several small ones..invest in a python or google diy pythons and make one yourself....it makes life easy when it comes to water changes...no more carrying buckets around...

I have a low tech with no co2 running...I dose a quarter of what ei suggest once a week and only do monthly water changes..I usually change 50-70 percent of the water tho..I have no issues with fish health or algae..

it cost about $1.10 for every 1000 litres of water you use..I wouldn't be too concerned...you could change 100% of your water once a week for $1.10/month...what wattage of lights are you using..Im willing to bet that cost you far more.

Edited by ubr0ke

val...I don't use the python since I have rather small tanks..but once the syphon starts can you not just turn off the tap?

You can but since most tanks are around the same height as a sink it doens't drain very well, not much suction. Thats why I drain it into the bathtub/shower drain. Since its lower to the ground the siphon is stronger.