Angel Eggs And Shrimp

kimmi7

So my black marble and my white/orange angel have paired off and spawned.I will be honest at first i was kinda like "cool, if they live they live" as i never really wanted to breed fish. But as most eggs after 3 days are still clear i figure time to help the little buggers all live. So here is my questions:

1) will shrimp harm the eggs if i was to move them in with them?

2) should i quickly set up my 36g bow as a hatch out with just the hob filter??

So any help would be great guys as this is my first spawn of any fish ever.

If you want to give the eggs a chance, you'll want to move them into a barebottom tank. You could move them into the shrimp tank, but the eggs need very clean water, and aeration since the parents are no longer taking care of the eggs (fanning the eggs). You will also need to treat the water with methylene blue or 3% Hydrogen Peroxide in order to prevent fungus from growing on the eggs. If your not seeing any black dots in the eggs after 3 days, then they probably weren't fertalized. Is this their first spawn? It will take them a few tries before they get it right. I would just prepare for the next batch of eggs, which will happen in 2-3 weeks.

If you want to let the parents take care of the eggs to see how they do, you can toss them into your 36 bowfront, add a couple spawning surfaces, and leave it barebottom with a sponge filter. 50% water changes weekly. If you pull the eggs from the parents, you may consider a 5-10 gallon tank with sponge filter, let the eggs hatch, and raise them for 2-3 weeks in the small tank, then move them into your 36 gallon to grow out (still a bit small for grow out)

Check out this video, Jazzy did a great job explaining the breeding of Angel's

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBF4CfUCVpY

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fs6lhBn6V0&feature=related

Good luck

ok so far now i have moved them to a i know very small, 2.5 gallon with a air pump. I have a rock holding down the plant leaf they were laid on so the air bubbles are going right over the eggs. Took a closer look in the small tank and unless its just a dirty leaf, I believe there are dark spots in the eggs. I know i should moved the whole plant but the plant they chose is my pride and joy plant lol. My lovely aponogeton ulvaceus is what the loving couple has choosen as their love "nest". Will keep everyone updated on thier spawn.

so far i have wigglers and quite a few of them. According to videos in two days i will start my brine shrimp and should have free swimmers two days after that when the shrimp are ready. Heres hoping.