Weird Snails

Dylan

I just got a daffodil brichardi tank set up and did some research into African tanks and i was wondering, are there any big snails out there that will multiply relatively readily? i have Malaysian tunneling snails, zebras, and i don't want little pond snails. if there's a giant pond snail somewhere that would be cool though.

yes sorry this is freshwater. i was hoping for something that would multiply. i do love apple snails but their the one kind i've only had terrible luck with.

from my research, most of the bigger snail varieties are plant eaters - canas, marisa snails to name a couple.

rabbit snails are really neat, but far as i know they are slow at gaining numbers. rabbit snails give live birth to one baby snail at a time.

why do you want a snail that would multiply readily? i'd be concerned about a tank takeover that way!

haha oh yes i'm quite familiar with snail takeovers, i'm attempting to breed assassins as another project and they need a lot like a LOT of baby MTS's. I'm actually hoping for a takeover of something more bigger than MTS's, as much as i love them (they are amazing for plants) they're too small to be any good to a baby or even a dwarf cichlid. I want to recreate the dead snail shell fields on the bottom of Tanganyika. Just not with boring store bought snails.

hey if you want the common brown rabbit snails(not the neon colorful ones)

there is a store in st albert that sells them for 30cents each

also give the-influence a pm he has a ton of spixi snails

-edit- i can bring you down a bag when i come to calgary on the 9th

Edited by Sprucegruve

i'm ok with plant eaters i'm hoping to ultimately build a population in my African tank. the only name i could find is the family "Lanistes", they come from the rift area of Africa and from what i can tell could go in a cichlid tank, the only problem is i have no idea where to find them.

lanistes_ovum_front.jpg

I also saw these snails for sale at the CAS auction on the 2nd and i'm kicking myself for not finding out what they are and how they breed, and for not buying them lol does anyone have any ideas?DSCF1052.JPG