Cleaning Filter Hose?

kimmi7

as far as I know, you can buy a brush for said task, at a pet store, or perhaps a bottle brush might work? I use cheap but new, tooth brushes to clean out alot of my aquarium stuff.

i go to a cigar/tobacco shop, they usually sell assorted sizes of brushes for cleaning out hookas, they work well for aquarium filter/tubes.

or it is also very cheep to replace the hose completely,check out the home depot plumbing section.

Edited by Sprucegruve

I use a pipe cleaning brush from Canadian Tire or home depot and attached some fishing line to it so that I can pull it through the input and output tubes. The brushes come in many sizes and can be even used to clean your entire canister lines with the string/fishing line.

I use a pipe cleaning brush from Canadian Tire or home depot and attached some fishing line to it so that I can pull it through the input and output tubes. The brushes come in many sizes and can be even used to clean your entire canister lines with the string/fishing line.

I do the same but I use brushes I found at the LFS for a couple $$$. They came in 3 sizes. If the tubes are longer then the brushes, I tie something heavy(usually a metal nut) to the fishing line so its easier to put through the tube, then I attach the brush to it and pull it through. Works great