Betta ID?

Tanker

I think we bought a lyre tail betta, but is that even a type?

It's got a tail that is basically two perfectly formed 'swords' exactly as a lyre tail molly would have. It's not the classic double tail I have seen pic of, as those tend to have 'rounded' lobes from my observations.

Bought at Pisces in Calgary, and they charged us regular veil tail price for him. I figured he was going to be the same price as the crown tail we picked up at the same time, but surprisingly no.

I'll get a picture up tonight of him, but I wanted to toss this out there first, for suggestions.

HI ALL! I am a new member with quite a lot of experience in the betta world,...,I think this is a Veil tail double tail, and that is why it has the thinner, more pointed lobes, and aslo why it was sold as a veil tail.

PLease refer to my introduction on the new members page.

Love reading all of your experiences!!!!

Hopefully I will be able to add something helpful once in a while!! :rolleyes:

Here are a couple shots I have of him playing with his neighbor. The fins are not damaged in any way, and this is a 'natural' thing for him, as the coloring goes 'with' the fins. These are snaps from a video I took... sorry for the 'less than pro' quality.

henry01.jpg

henry02.jpg