Discus Fry Food

hackerberry

Hello,

I have my pigeon bloods spawn in a community tank and got some wigglers. The first 48 hours was fine then all gone after. I was thinking it was the other tetras that were hovering around the fries since day 1 of hatching. They spawned again today before moving the parents to a separate tank. I am thinking of raising the fries artificially. Can anybody give me tips on how to feed them? I don't want to do the egg yolk formula method. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I work in the day so food that will last up to 9 hours at a time would help.

Thanks!

hb

BBS would probably work best, since its alive and will still float around if not eaten. Feed them before work, when you get home, and before bed and you should be fine.

You can try First Bites, but that wont be as effective, but should be fine as long as you keep up daily water changes as it will rot fast. Daphnia works good too.

i make a powder food for my fry when i cant give them live bbs.

get a good mix different of freeze dried foods.(i use a combo of mysic shrimp,krill,bloodworms,cyclops,plankton,tubiflex,daphnia,and a small veggie content)

get good quality freeze dried foods and use a coffee grinder to powderize them.

this works best for me when i cant feed live food.

i dont know how to help you with the 9 hours your at work tho, sorry

Hello,

I have my pigeon bloods spawn in a community tank and got some wigglers. The first 48 hours was fine then all gone after. I was thinking it was the other tetras that were hovering around the fries since day 1 of hatching. They spawned again today before moving the parents to a separate tank. I am thinking of raising the fries artificially. Can anybody give me tips on how to feed them? I don't want to do the egg yolk formula method. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I work in the day so food that will last up to 9 hours at a time would help.

Thanks!

hb

try www.simplydiscus.com There is a wealth of info on fry feeding.