Reef Safe Anemone?

kingdbi

As my 77g gets more corals in it Im beginning to have concerns that my condylactis anemone might hurt the corals if he decides to start crawling on them. For now hes staying within his little space that he likes to walk around in but the last few weeks he's been getting dangerously close to some star polyps that i quite like. Being a condylactis though should I maybe consider burying his foot in the sand somehow? Someone mentioned to me that they prefer being in the sand like that, I'm not sure if its true but it would probably help keep him stationary and low in the tank if it were the case. Any thoughts?

post-5001-0-96801000-1321820779_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Based on what I saw working in a pet store it will go wherever it wants. Should you tie it down and it does not like it, it may stop growing well or even die off. Although, condylactis are really pretty hardy. Anyway my 2 cents, try and place it but beware it may move.

If you create a spot that suites their needs, they don't go wandering. They only move because they don't like where you put them for one reason or another. IMO the one thing they hate the most, is direct water flow. I find the best solution, is if you create a shelter for them. Again just my 2 cents worth.

Jeff