Close Up Of My Fish (Inhabitants Of A 15 Gallon Planted)

Mko

Good morning all,

Today's close up: THE FISH

Angled Tank Shot

IMG_2558.jpg

Boraras maculatas (my personal favorite)

IMG_2557.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg

IMG_2547.jpg

Trigostigma hengeli (Porkchop/Lamchop/hengeli's Rasbora)

IMG_2555.jpg

Boraras uropthalmoides (Sparrow/Arrowpoint Rasbora)

IMG_2554.jpg

A common favourite also: Celestichthys margaritatus (galaxy rasbora, celestial pearl danio)

IMG_2552.jpg

IMG_2549.jpg

Crossocheilus siamensis (Siamese Algae Eater)

IMG_2551.jpg

And of course the star of the tank Colisa lalia (dwarf blue gourami)

IMG_2550.jpg

Shot of the adjusted anubias and an Amano shrimp molt. They're GROWING!

IMG_2546.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg

I've noticed that since aerating my tank at night the fish seem a lot more active to start off the day and are always up at the surface waiting for food as soon as the lights turn on. It's amazing how much healthier the fish look when you keep the tank well maintained. I remember before I went through this revival process the colors were starting to fade and a lot of them were very slow and lethargic. Now all aspects of the tank are bursting with energy.

The Boraras uropthalmoides are chasing each other through the hardscape, C. lalia is constantly investigating (actually I don't think that ever changes), The galaxy rasboras are dancing with each other, the Hengeli rasboras are schooling tightly. It's just so nice to see everything inside come to life as a vibrant ecosystem. I find myself just sitting back in a state of meditative relaxation with hot chocolate in one hand, christmas jazz playing in the background, in my comfy computer chair just enjoying the moment.

I love aquascaping, and planted tanks. The energy that these tanks give off, the natural flow of fish schooling, the slight gentle waving of leaves in a current, frantic shrimp scurrying about and grazing. This is why I went into this hobby.. =D

Very nicely done. Excellently proportioned.

J

Thank you ! =)

Gotta love how spacious the tank looks, even though it's relatively small. The sparrow rasbora photo is my favorite - the fish in the foreground looks so colorful. Excellent work! :thumbs:

Yea I was happy to catch them in that moment. Thank you very much =)